To become properly covered by staff insurance, you need to go through an application process like with other types of insurance policies. The process generally involves the following 5 steps.
1. Know which policy you are applying for. There are a lot of different policies to consider for the staffing industry, from employment and cyber liability to auto and workers compensation. You might find that your company needs only certain policies, so know beforehand which specific policies you want to apply for.
2. Find the appropriate application for your state. The laws for certain staffing industry policies may differ from state to state. On the other hand, other policies might need the same application no matter which state you are applying from. Make sure that you fill out the applications that are appropriate for your state.
3. Choose a submission method. There are three ways that you can submit your application: Email, fax, and mail. When you send an email, be sure to send the application to your particular account manager for your insurance. You need to know the fax number and mailing address to submit your applications those ways.
4. Wait for a reply. You should be contacted about the changes to your policies, or when your policy is approved.
5. Call your agent with any questions. Have the number of your insurance provider on hand so that you can have all of your questions answered when you need them.
Having the right staff insurance means selecting the specific policies that your business needs. Follow the steps above when applying for specific policies with your insurance provider.